UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Jan 2023, 9:56 am   #21
lonnyholl
Triode

Default Re: Sanyo DC6100K Quadrophonic - FM issue

Im back with another FM problem ..this time its the same Receiver but its a different issue!

The Receiver works normally from all sources except FM, you can hear FM stations if Volume is at max (using headphones)...signal strength tuning meter is working and shows strong station signals. It just suddenly stopped working...no hiss and no longer showing stereo illumination on any station. Is this a muting issue ? Any help again most appreciated to work this out.

The Radio has been running fine for about a week and used at least a few hours per day since the initial FM Repair (TR103 replaced).. then this happened.
Old 18th Jan 2023, 2:17 pm   #22
lonnyholl
Triode

Could someone explain please if possible to me what TR105 role is in this circuit...I've noticed it is 0V at its Emitter (& accordingly 0V at TP3) , should be 1.5V according to Schematic.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cut down Schematic.pdf (510.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 21st Jan 2023, 6:00 am   #23
lonnyholl
Triode

TR105 the culprit... FM working! seems Im working my way through the FM Boards Transistors
Old 21st Jan 2023, 11:37 am   #24
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Well done, a little strange that Q105 (driver for the FM discriminator) failed after first working, with same fault symptom as Q103.

David
Old 21st Jan 2023, 12:18 pm   #25
lonnyholl
Triode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Well done, a little strange that Q105 (driver for the FM discriminator) failed after first working, with same fault symptom as Q103.

David
Yep thinking the same David, yeah not sure - power rails seem ok. What I was doing when the fault occurred was adjusting the record lift off point of the systems turntable tone arm, it meant that the receiver was turned off and on several times in a half hour, as to adjust you have to take the turntable off and then put back on and power up to try it out.

So maybe it was tired, maybe they are all getting tired....time will tell...if another one goes I might investigate this for any possible power spikes....one good thing is these transistors all available still locally.
Old 23rd Jan 2023, 10:26 am   #26
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Yes maybe just age related failures, hopefully will settle down now.

David
Closed Thread