UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Oct 2022, 12:21 pm   #1
Geoff 555
Heptode

Default Sharp VZ3510 question please.

Hello I would be greatful for any advice/information for my Sharp. For the curious it is a verticle standing record player/radio/cassete player, the clever bit is that it uses 2 pickups and plays both sides of the record with out me having to turn the record over.
Some 15 or so years ago I replaced all the drive belts. up until then and now it has been fine.
But now while one side of the record plays fine, the other side is low volume and with 1 channel, the right one, missing with a hum, turning the volume up to a explosive level (my head, not the machine) the an intermittent very distorted noise is heard on the right channel.
Stylus's - styli ? are good and clean as is the record.
The balance control, tone controlls are fine as is the radio etc.
The cartridge/channel that is effected is the one that is 'behind' the record, not the one that is in the door.
Getting on a bit with a memory that no longer works very well, I cant remember how to get the thing apart with out breaking it!!
Thank you very much and all the best to you all.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Old 13th Oct 2022, 10:53 pm   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Sharp VZ3510 question please.

I had problems with the audio switching relays in a similar unit to yours. I had to carefully remove the covers and clean the contacts.
Old 16th Oct 2022, 2:11 pm   #3
Geoff 555
Heptode

Hello Ben thank you so much for your reply, when I have cleared a space, next week, I will have a look.
The only thing is HOW the heck do I get it apart with out breaking something?
Help!!
Thanks again.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Old 16th Oct 2022, 4:19 pm   #4
ben
Dekatron

There were threads on here and perhaps videos on Youtube that might help, even if they're for similar models.
Closed Thread