UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 21st Mar 2023, 10:04 pm   #1
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Golborne 2nd April 2023

Anyone Going? I have booked a table. If anyone wants hard to find parts let me know, there is a chance I may be able to help.

The tables have gone up in price, first time in many many years. Does anyone know if the buyers entrance charge has increased ?

The venue is at the Parkside Sports Hall & Community Club Golborne WA3 3HG. Selling starts 10AM, best get there a few minutes early.

John.
Old 21st Mar 2023, 10:46 pm   #2
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Re: Golborne 2nd April 2023

Yes, the stall and helper price has increased in line with other BVWS events. The entry fee will increase too, yet to be confirmed but it will still be a cheap day out!

The hall cost has doubled since just before covid and this event has been running at a loss for a while, transportation costs and the cost of getting a van full of goodies up to the north west and back have to be taken into account.

And remember that items sold on the BVWS tables are done so on behalf of whoever owns them - the society only receives a commission from each item sold.

By increasing fees and taking these measures, we are ensuring that this most enjoyable event can continue well in to the future...

I thank you for your understanding and we look forward to seeing many of you there!

BVWS committee chairman
Old 21st Mar 2023, 10:51 pm   #3
Reelman
Octode

I hope to be going John so see you there. Picking up one of Ed_Dinning’s resistor bags as well.

Peter
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:37 pm   #4
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelman View Post
I hope to be going John so see you there. Picking up one of Ed_Dinning’s resistor bags as well.

Peter
Great, I'm looking forwards to meeting everyone once again.

John.
Old 21st Mar 2023, 11:42 pm   #5
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Thank You Gregg, and good luck with it on the day.

John.
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 5:13 am   #6
radiograham
Hexode

I will be there,got a couple of items to pick up. Graham.
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 5:14 am   #7
radiograham
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelman View Post

Peter
Me too.
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 7:11 am   #8
Ed_Dinning
Dekatron

Hi Gent see you all there, some resistor goody bags to give out and a Defiant set for onward shipment vis Greg and The FCS.

I also have a couple of Ferrograph decks for £20 each if anyone is interested

Cheers, Ed
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 10:02 am   #9
Dave Moll
Dekatron

I hope to run the usual Bring & Buy stall in aid of the Dulwich Radio & Television Museum. Items can either be sold with the proceeds donated or on a commission basis with 90% of sale price coming back to you (the remaining 10% going to the museum). Either way any unsold items must be collected, as facilities do not exist to store them.

If selling items on a commission basis, you will need to attach a label giving your name, a brief description of the item and the price you are asking. These may either be completed when you Bring the item or in advance using the attached labels. When the item is sold, I retain the label until I have paid the seller.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BVWS Bring & Buy labels.pdf (8.7 KB, 35 views)
Old 22nd Mar 2023, 12:09 pm   #10
Gabe001
Octode

I should be there, personal circumstances allowing. If anyone is good at procuring hard to find items, I've been after a Pye black box transistor badge for ages, without any luck so far.
Old 26th Mar 2023, 12:42 pm   #11
Kentode
Octode

I'll definitely be there! I've got lots of nos 1/4" tape on 7 inch reels that I'm going to put on the "for sale " thread.

Saves you the postage.

BVWS member
Old 26th Mar 2023, 6:22 pm   #12
audiomagpie
Heptode

Just a reminder - next Sunday 2nd April is the BVWS swapmeet at Golborne, just west of Manchester.

http://www.bvws.org.uk/events/locations.php

If you'd like a stall there are still a couple of spaces available, contact Mark Ryding to book.

Doors open at 10 (stall holders 9.30). The usual variety of stalls selling vintage Radio, Television, Audio, Communications receivers, Test gear, Valves, Components, Spares, etc. Ample free parking. The BVWS stall will be there selling the usual range of capacitors, Deoxit, etc.

And the kitchen will be open serving drinks and hot and cold butties!

If you have one or two items you'd like to sell, the 'Bring and Buy' stall is where you can sell them at 10% commission to the BVW&TV Museum.

The stores are bursting at the seams again, so there'll be a huge variety of bargains overflowing from the BVWS table, everything must go!

If you're not a BVWS member, why not come along for a sample visit? You'll be made most welcome and you can even take the plunge and join on the day if you like what you see! Credit/debit card payments taken at the BVWS stall.

See you there....

BVWS committee chairman
Old 26th Mar 2023, 7:00 pm   #13
Reelman
Octode

In case any of you are considering a visit to Golborne next Sunday but are undecided……

Although a fairly small venue it has good and friendly atmosphere and a chance to put a face to some forum names. There has always been something worth buying for me and have had some exceptional bargains from the BVWS stall, much lower prices than the on-line auctions. If you are considering selling then the tables are not huge so you don’t have to have tons of stuff to shift.

Anyway, I consider it good enough to go there twice a year travelling from Rotherham over the Pennines.

See you there?

Peter
(No connection other than being a satisfied customer)
Old 26th Mar 2023, 7:53 pm   #14
AdrianH
Octode

I informed the Mrs in advance about Golborne, I have permission to go!

Adrian
Old 1st Apr 2023, 11:26 am   #15
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

If anyone going tomorrow is missing any red Radio & TV servicing books, please make a note of years needed as I will have a few on my stall, very cheap or free.

John.
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 8:31 am   #16
Trifocaltrev
Hexode

What a great event Golborne was yesterday. Lots of bargains to be had especially after Mike reduced everything on the BVWS stall to £5 or less towards the end of the event.

Many thanks to all of the team for making such an enjoyable day possible.

Trevor.
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 8:47 am   #17
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

We also had a pleasant day, nice sunny journey. Very slow start trading wise, then things picked up ending similar to last year. Sorry to hear one or two regulars could not make it due to health reasons, hope they are ok. A big Thank You to all the event organisers and helpers for another great event.

John.
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 10:06 am   #18
Kentode
Octode

I'm sorry l missed talking to you John, unfortunately my blood pressure went through the roof and l was put on bed rest.!

There's always November...

BVWS member
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 10:34 am   #19
Dave Moll
Dekatron

There seemed to be a steady stream of sales on the Bring & Buy, including about £70 of sales on a 10% commission basis, along with sales where the proceeds were donated, resulting in overall takings of £40.

Unfortunately, I have to report that, despites reminders that all unsold items must be collected, I ended up with three boxes left on the table at the end. These are currently sitting in the back of my car while I work out where I can store them between now and RetroTechUK when they will go on their B&B before any items remaining go in the WEEE recycling. After chatting with Greg about this, it was agreed that in future items where the proceeds are donated will only be accepted if they are identified to the name of the bringer.
Old 3rd Apr 2023, 11:28 am   #20
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentode View Post
I'm sorry l missed talking to you John, unfortunately my blood pressure went through the roof and l was put on bed rest.!

There's always November...
Hi Ken, pleased to see you on the forum, you had some of us that knew concerned. Unfortunately I doubt I will be able to make it to the Autumn meet for the first time in 15 years.

John.