UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Jun 2020, 12:41 pm   #1
bill knox
Hexode

Default R1155 original tuning control - Type 13

Hi All

Well, call me stupid

I have an R1155 and the tuning control has never worked really well, I have had one apart before.

Anyway, I start to strip it down and freed off the front knob and proceed to drop the 3 concentric rollers on the floor in my workshop, I have looked everywhere but cannot find one of them, I am even starting to consider that there was only 2 and not the 3 required, hence why it has never worked properly.

So, Would anyone have a spare roller that is going spare, I can transfer this request to the relevant "spares for sale" if need be.

Bill
Old 6th Jun 2020, 1:14 pm   #2
mickm3for
Heptode

Default Re: R1155 original tuning control - Type 13

Hi yes i have a tuning control that has the knob glued on the shaft but i can see it has the rollers intact any clue on removing knob (2 part epoxy i think) you are welcome to the rollers Mick
Old 6th Jun 2020, 1:32 pm   #3
bill knox
Hexode

Hi Mick

Thank you very much, Which knob is glued on the front one or the back one, can I assume that the grub screw holding on the front knob on has been lost, not sure where glue could have been inserted as there is no room. getting back to the front knob, there should be a hole so that access to the grub is given, has someone filled that hole with glue, or, wax, so as to fill the hole

However, if the knob off the R1155 all together, all I can suggest without seeing the control, is, send the complete unit to me and I can see what I can do, I will pay for the postage and any other expenses occurred.

Regards

Bill
Old 6th Jun 2020, 1:35 pm   #4
bill knox
Hexode

Hi Mick

Just had another read of your posting, you say that you can see the concentric rollers, if that is correct they should almost fall out of the knob.

Regards

Bill
Old 6th Jun 2020, 2:11 pm   #5
mickm3for
Heptode

Hi its the front knob seems like someone has tried to repair this drive by gluing the knob on no grub screw and hole filled with what looks like 2 part glue
tried heat and leavering will have another go. This drive has a lumpy fine tune and when i coud not dismantle i changed the drive compleet . let me have your address Mick
Old 6th Jun 2020, 2:37 pm   #6
mickm3for
Heptode

Hi is it 1 roller assy you require its now in bits didnt want to do this orignally as i had no replacement .I had to leaver knob still wouldnot come off, its dismantled now ? I just knew this would be required for spares one day, just took awile 3 years ish let me have your address will get in post next week Mick
Closed Thread