UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Radio (domestic)

Notices

Vintage Radio (domestic) Domestic vintage radio (wireless) receivers only.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Apr 2021, 9:54 am   #21
Gabe001
Octode

Default Re: Regentone

It would be interesting to hook up the scope along the same signal path in the RF/IF stages to try to identify where the signal loss is occurring. Alternatively you can use another radio, usually a portable transistor, to find out if the oscillator is working.

I'm sure you know all this already. Let us know where the fault is. As I mentioned earlier, they do work well and sound good too. Good luck

Last edited by Gabe001; 22nd Apr 2021 at 10:12 am.
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 3:52 pm   #22
Radio Tech
Nonode

Hi Gabe001

I did hook up a scope and there is around 100m/v of signal from the oscillator, I am suspecting that either the EF39 is going down as the set warms up or the triode section of the ECH35 is going down. But when the sound has dropped, placing a finger on the grid of the EF39 will bring up the sound. Peculiar fault this, I will get there in the end.

Regards

Ken
Old 23rd Apr 2021, 6:45 pm   #23
Radio Tech
Nonode

Hi Folks

I knew I would win with this set in the end, I traced the fault back to the ECH35 it was the Triode section of that valve which caused all that bother, apart from a 10k resistor reading 1k higher than it should on the output valve.

Now for the cabinet, get all that grime off and polish it.

Regards

Ken
Old 23rd Apr 2021, 8:33 pm   #24
Gabe001
Octode

Well done.

Your cabinet doesn't look too bad to start with.
Closed Thread