UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Old 25th Feb 2024, 9:33 pm   #21
beamcurrent
Heptode

Default Re: BVWS Biggleswade Meet & AGM Sunday February 25th

Pete and myself had a splendid day, we were selling on the Broadcast Television Technology Trusts table(s) supporting the MCR21 restoration project.

Our heartfelt thanks go to the donors who gave us equipment to sell and we raised a record sum to go to the Trust. I thought the attendance was better, well at least at our stall... No I do think there were more people there.

I have yet to unload, a job for tomorrow when I hope it won't be raining

I made one pleasing purchase an Eddystone Panadaptor, powered up and it has a trace and no smoke.

Super day

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MCR21 stall with pete.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	293644  

Visit the Virtual Broadcast TV Camera Museum
beamcurrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Feb 2024, 3:26 pm   #22
Philco-Pete
Tetrode

Default Re: BVWS Biggleswade Meet & AGM Sunday February 25th

I had an absolutely splendid day at Biggleswade with Brian and it was really pleasing to see so many people in attendance. Very happy to have been able to help raise some funds for the BTTT MCR21 restoration and chat with some individuals that I haven't seen in far too long. I definitely intend to do it again when I can; have to keep intercepting my colleagues on their way to the WEEE bin (which is conveniently sited just outside my office!)

I arrived with a large load and left about six hours later with a smile (and an empty car which was a satisfying and unexpected result

Thanks to all who came, and to Brian for letting me get involved.

Cheers
Pete
Philco-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote