UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 25th Feb 2016, 7:24 am   #1
rbm1973
Pentode

Default A823 Teletext lines removal

does anyone remember how to cure text lines on the A823, its been a long time lol
I am playing back some V2000 cassettes from the 90's and have text lines about a quarter of the way down the screen. The set uses the later scan drive panel.

BVWS MEMBER
Old 25th Feb 2016, 8:47 am   #2
Mikey405
Octode

Default Re: A823 teletext lines removal

Hi Simon.

I have a mod at home so I'll post it up when get back. It's all fairly simple and fits on the tube base Panel. It works really well.

Kind regards. From Mike. (On the train to work.)
Old 25th Feb 2016, 6:17 pm   #3
Mikey405
Octode

Default Re: A823 Teletext lines removal

Okay - Here it is. (Below.) The components with asterisks are new or changed - If they have component numbers already then replace the existing components with the new ones. I've carried this out on a number of sets and it works like a charm.

Thanks Simon.

Kind regards.

From Mike.
PS. If you want the full-size image (a whopping 9.7KBytes) then it can be downloaded here: http://www.oldtechnology.net/misc/A8...FlybackMod.gif
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A823 Flyback Modification.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	120654