UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Feb 2016, 4:04 pm   #1
Andy - G8MNM
Hexode

Default Schneider TV

Hi,

Just acquired a (mid 50s) Schneider TV which from the photo looks to be in good condition.
Will be picking it up on Sunday so will get a good look then.
A real bargain at 11€ or £8.49!
A bit of a trek as it is north of Limoges but it does mean that my wife can finally get to visit the porcelain museum on the way back.

I have noticed that it is rare to see French TV sets on Ebay.fr, there are a fair few radios (ancienne radio) but not many old TVs (ancienne televisieur/tele).
Having looked at the radio museum site it looks as though it will be an 819 line set which means that I won't (when it is fixed) be able to get a proper picture as my Aurora is for 405 lines only.
I don't fancy buying another Aurora just so I can get a proper picture on this one and only non 405 line set.

But it will be fun to poke around in something new and hopefully get it going.

Andy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schneider.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	120254  

https://www.lushanda.com/
Old 18th Feb 2016, 6:38 pm   #2
Brigham
Octode

Default Re: Schneider TV

With a strong signal, such as from the Aurora, it might well lock onto every second line pulse.
Old 18th Feb 2016, 7:03 pm   #3
FERNSEH
Dekatron

Two pictures side by side. Aurora makes a dedicated 625 to 819 lines converter. On screen results are impressive.

DFWB.
Old 19th Feb 2016, 5:45 pm   #4
Andy - G8MNM
Hexode

Hi,

I don't know when I will be able to get around to looking at the set repair wise as I currently have no workshop - has yet to be built.

I guess all the usual suspects will need replacing caps and any out of spec resistors etc.
I do have access to enough stuff to have a go so might see if I can make a bit of space somewhere.
Need to get a schematic diagram. Once I have the model number I can get looking.

Andy

https://www.lushanda.com/
Old 19th Feb 2016, 6:39 pm   #5
Brigham
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigham View Post
With a strong signal, such as from the Aurora, it might well lock onto every second line pulse.
I'm wrong about that, aren't I? That's what a 405-set does with an 819-line signal.
An 819-set will scan two lines between line pulses, with the right-hand half of the picture imposed over the left.
(A bit like my mum's 8mm holiday films)

Or am I wrong again?
Closed Thread