UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Jan 2022, 10:50 pm   #1
Joe_Lorenz
Hexode

Default Siemens FM324 Video 2000 making nonsene

Hello,
one of my sons has made the decision to put that old FM324 back into service again. To be able to digitize some old family video tapes, that is the background.
He has been able to fix the psu as there were several electrolytics leaking badly. All voltages +150, -150, +33, +20, +12V, +5V are there. So far, so good. Unfortunately the control unit will perform any possible action at random now on power on, and the display is still dead.
Has anybody out here similar experiences on those machines? I'd love to have an idea where to look next. I am afraid there is a cpu 8501 or so that refuses to do it's job.
Regards, Joe
Old 24th Jan 2022, 11:12 pm   #2
Maarten
Dekatron

Default Re: Siemens FM324 Video 2000 making nonsene

That's a Grundig made machine. Riddled with tantalum capacitors that possibly go short circuit. I think there's also a position switch on the mechanism that can get dirty/oxidized.
Old 25th Jan 2022, 10:07 pm   #3
Joe_Lorenz
Hexode

Default Re: Siemens FM324 Video 2000 making nonsene

Oh, well, Tantalum!

That may be a good track to follow next! I know the machine is almost identical to a Grundig 2x4.

Thanks, Joe
Closed Thread