UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Jul 2020, 10:06 pm   #1
Joe_Lorenz
Hexode

Default Goblin D 25 Teasmade.

Hello,

see the attached files what has arrived here today:A Goblin Teasmade D 25! It looks so cute and is beautifully designed! A real piece of history. Please, has anyone got an owner's manual - maybe as a pdf? Otherwise the machine seems to be complete and fully operational.

Regards, Joe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200701_125940Tea.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	210061   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200701_125927Tea.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	210062   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200701_124355Tea.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	210063  
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 12:07 am   #2
hamid_1
Heptode

Default Re: Goblin D 25

I've attached a summary of the Goblin Teasmade D25 user instructions, taken from this archived site http://web.archive.org/web/201012010.../resources.htm

These machines are great fun to watch as the pressure builds up in the kettle, eventually forcing the boiling water into the teapot, accompanied by bubbling, hissing noises. I'm sure you will enjoy it like I do.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf instructions_Goblin_D20-21-25.pdf (21.2 KB, 81 views)
Old 2nd Jul 2020, 9:13 pm   #3
Joe_Lorenz
Hexode

Default Re: Goblin D 25

Hello Hamid,

thank you very much for your assistance! The document answers all my questions.

The machine shows that the designers took pride in not just making a functional and in some way sophisticated machine (a lot of safety features!) but deliver a timeless and elegant appliance. And you find a product of good craftmanship that is so often missed today.

Yes: When the machine is in operation you can dream a revival of James Watt's experiences! All that could be added would be a small steam cylinder lifting the tea bag after a minute or so! I love that machine - and fresh tea, too.

Regards, Joe
Closed Thread