UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Aug 2013, 10:31 am   #1
60 oldjohn
Dekatron

Default Panasonic Panapet & Toot a loop.

Are the 1970s Panasonic "Toot A Loop" R72 and the round "Panapet" R70 being manufactured at present? A quick Google will reveal many of these sets for sale mostly from the USA. I know many of these sets would have been made but then lots of other models Panasonic 47A for example would have been made but they are not coming on to the market like the R70 and R72.
John.
Old 5th Sep 2013, 10:12 pm   #2
neutronic
Pentode

Smile Re: Panasonic Panapet & Toot a loop.

The Toot A Loop is a remarkable design of the 70´s.
It´s a collectors item nowandays.
So they are much in demand.
Particular the green and orange ones.
Google for ¨Toot a Loop¨ and ¨museum¨
Try the same for the the other Panasonic models.
I´ll bet that not many other Panasonic models can be found in the
Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Jard N.
Old 7th Sep 2013, 1:05 am   #3
Biggles
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Panasonic Panapet & Toot a loop.

My Sister had a blue Panapet in the seventies. I wish I had kept hold of it. Strangely the box survives to this day but alas no radio to go with it. It was a weird round thing that swung about on a carrying chain if I remember correctly.
Alan.
Old 8th Sep 2013, 12:34 pm   #4
camtechman
Nonode

Biggles,

The box is worth money, an avid collector will pay good money for it (as long as it's in good condition). The same goes for Dinky toys boxes, and for me, I pay good money for cassette recorder boxes. I've just paid £22 for an empty Philips EL3302 cassette recorder box!
Old 9th Sep 2013, 7:00 pm   #5
Biggles
Rest in Peace

Hi CamTechMan I did think that the box may be useful to someone out there. I suppose I live in hope of the original radio turning up in my sister's loft one day. I once remember seeing a pristine box for an Ever Ready Sky Emperor by chance in a house we went to view. I had a crafty peep in the box but unfortunately it was empty. My distraction was brought to a stop as I was reminded by my wife that we had come to look at the house and not "go through rubbish". I wonder what else was in that house as it had been untouched for what looked like half a century at least.
Alan.
Closed Thread