UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Oct 2021, 7:30 pm   #61
bobhowe
Heptode

Default Re: What Was The Popular TV That People Watched Queen Elizabeth's Coronation on in 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatercathodeshort View Post
No Bob. It was a middle of the road model in 1956 and gave a lot of problems. It was of course purchased after the Coronation but if you want to know more, if it is still in the archive it makes interesting reading. I wrote it up about ten years ago[?] John.
Hi John I will see if I can find it
Old 20th Oct 2021, 7:34 pm   #62
bobhowe
Heptode

Default Re: What Was The Popular TV That People Watched Queen Elizabeth's Coronation on in 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobaltblue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhowe View Post
Hi John would that PYE V14C been one of the top of the range sets in its day? Kind regards, Bob.
Hi Bob if your interested in what models would have been around in 1953, go to Jon Evans (Duke_Nukem) excellent web site (if you have not discovered it already) :

https://www.thevalvepage.com/index.shtml

Go to the Television Manufacturers tab.

Spend a few hours in there looking at all the goodies

Cheers

Mike T
Hi Mike forgot about Jon's site will have a look
Old 21st Oct 2021, 11:01 am   #63
Peter.N.
Dekatron

The Bush sets of the '50s are very good, cut my TV servicing teeth on them, worked for a Bush agent.

Peter
Closed Thread