UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Old 16th Feb 2024, 4:06 pm   #21
Phil__G
Octode

Default Re: Karens PAGE2.SYS relocated to PAGE3 for NIBL-E systems

Its ok its me, MOD in FP is a different format to NIBL:
Code:
NIBL:       PRINT MOD(x,y)
NIBLFP:     PRINT x MOD y
another significant change is indirection:

Code:
NIBL:       @(x)=y : z=@(x)
NIBLFP:     POKE x,y : z=PEEK(x)
I think the reason for the slow loading via the console is cos unlike NIBL which simply stores a program as ASCII text,
FP is tokenised and every line is processed as its loaded, so theres a delay before the prompt reappears - hundreds of ms.
I think a straight binary load of the tokenised page is the way to go - 2400 no delays

Last edited by Phil__G; 16th Feb 2024 at 4:13 pm.
Phil__G is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Feb 2024, 7:56 pm   #22
Realtime
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil__G View Post
... unlike NIBL which simply stores a program as ASCII text, FP is tokenised and every line is processed as its loaded,
So that would explain why a program that exceeds the page memory in NIBL generates an AREA ERROR (i.e. out of memory) but NIBL-FP is able to accommodate it. (I thought at first that NIBL-FP is loading across multiple pages)
Realtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Mar 2024, 2:23 am   #23
avrkris
Diode

yay! I just joined - this is Kris Sekula, the guy behind MGH8060 PCB I see @
Phil__G has done a great job promoting the hardware here Thank you all for comments and great contributions.

Kris
avrkris is offline   Reply With Quote