UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Computers

Notices

Vintage Computers Any vintage computer systems, calculators, video games etc., but with an emphasis on 1980s and earlier equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 31st Jul 2010, 9:04 am   #1
crackleypot
Tetrode

Question Any users of EPCPRO for DOS pcb layout s/w?

Has anyone got the manual for the old DOS based Easy-Pc-Pro? I use version 044 (I think) for DOS, bought it in about 1995 but over the years the manual has got lost. It was a A5 white folder.

It's a simple PCB layout and yes it's all DOS but runs well on every computer I have and I'm working on a new project which needs some of the more detailled aspects of EPCPRO which I can't figure out. One being "equates" yes equate a pin with another but where and how?? Also thre are a few more minor puzzles which I think the manual may solve.

I have tried to join the message board at Number One Systems (mfr of EPCPRO) but they won't let me in because I think they only want either current customers or those trying out the latest product, ho hum.
Old 1st Aug 2010, 9:39 am   #2
neon indicator
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Any users of EPCPRO for DOS pcb layout s/w?

I used it back in 1992 to 1995.
I'm sure I have the disks and manual.

Kicad is free and better. Eagle is free up to small size board and better.
AutotraxEDA is better.
(I've used all those and currently use Eagle. I've also used Futurenet and Orcad)
See http://www.designspark.com/ (free PCB/Schematic, but I have not tried it)

P.M. me if you want the manual and disks.
Old 4th Aug 2010, 1:06 pm   #3
crackleypot
Tetrode

Default Re: Any users of EPCPRO for DOS pcb layout s/w?

Many thanks for the offer "neon" - I have taken your advise and looked for newer PCB layout software, I'm currently using the expresspcb freebie and it's great! 1000 times better than my old epcpro.
I like the easy way the schematic links to the pcb, nice.
Closed Thread