UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Jun 2021, 1:11 am   #1
normende
Triode

Default Graetz Reichsgraf F161 TV Radio is it worth in this condition?

Hi all,

I am looking for an advice related to this tv-radio combo table top unit:

Graetz Reichsgraf F161

I dont live in Europe so this sets are extremely rare down here...

This one is in terrible condition. It seems like the mask is rusty, the glass of the radio is cracked, the finish is awful, and some more missuse signs.

The thing is, I dont have access to it to see it before buying it. I dont know if something inside is missing or if the crt is good for example. Seller says the radio works. If I want it I should just buy it as is.

Is this tv really worth it according to your experience? I really like this era of German sets and maybe this is my only chance to have one...

Thanks in advance. I appreciate all your comments.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv3.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	235623   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv2.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	235624   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv4.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	235625   Click image for larger version

Name:	tv1.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	235626  
Old 9th Jun 2021, 2:23 pm   #2
jhalphen
Hexode

Default Re: Graetz Reichsgraf F161 TV Radio is it worth in this condition?

Hi to all,
Hi Normende,

If the seller is serious, he will accept to unscrew the back and take a few photos of the inside.
This will show you at least if the CRT is intact and that all the parts are there.
Get closeups of the Electron Gun & check that the silver Getter is OK.
If whitish, the CRT has gone down to air.
There is no chance the seller will have a CRT tester, so if you buy the TV, you take your chances.
Beginning 1950s rectangular CRTs are usually not rare. Graetz would probably use a Philips, Mullard, Telefunken or Valvo CRT (can be found in Germany).

BTW, wasn't very smart to "just plug it in" as-is on a 60 year old set. OK, you're lucky, the radio sort of works.

From your post, i deduct that the TV is in Argentina or elsewhere in South America. Offer to pay for premium packing and good double or triple box protection, it would be a shame to have a busted CRT arrive after a long trip. Any chance you could pick-up the TV yourself by car travel ?

On expensive sets that i had shipped from the US to Europe, i have asked the seller to remove the deflection yoke from the CRT neck & pack in the chassis with bubble wrap.
In the event of a sudden shock, the neck can snap off due to the yoke's weight & inertia.

I've travelled to Buenos-Aires in 2018, Beautiful city !

Good Luck with your project, tell us how it goes,

Best Regards
jhalphen

PS : you will need a VHF CCIR B/G modulator to make the TV work.

Last edited by jhalphen; 9th Jun 2021 at 2:31 pm.
Old 11th Jun 2021, 8:03 pm   #3
normende
Triode

Default Re: Graetz Reichsgraf F161 TV Radio is it worth in this condition?

I took too much time to decide and the tv was sold to somebody else.
Thanks.
Closed Thread