UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Old 9th Aug 2022, 1:05 pm   #201
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: BSR record player deck identification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrist48 View Post
I purchased a BSR UA14 a few years back and was wondering what company manufactured the suitcase style console.
A quick google suggests Silvertone seem to have made some similar units with BSRs. You may have to try looking under all the big US names: Sears, Zenith, Sylvania, Voice of Music, Philco, etc.
Old 11th Aug 2022, 12:17 pm   #202
mbrist48
Diode

A Photofact wiring diagram for an Olympic model looks like a match. That is the only image I've seen that looks close to my console and the model number 223 probably means they are the same or subvariants. Thanks the input to help identify this console.

Funny that Photofact was published by Howard W. Sams & Co., based out of Indianapolis, where I currently live. I guess the answer to my question was right here all along. I ended up purchasing a nice, inexpensive copy of that Photofact on eBay for future reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photofact.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	262591  
mbrist48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Aug 2022, 9:45 am   #203
Ekcoman
Heptode

First time I've come across a BSR UA8 Monarch in cream/white.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BSR UA8 Cream.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	263351  
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 1:21 am   #204
unitaudio
Heptode

I had one years ago and it was the only one I'd seen.

Regards,
Paul
Old 23rd Aug 2022, 2:53 am   #205
Chipster
Diode

That is the cutest lil record player. Thanks for posting the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipster View Post
I have a BSR McDonald Minichanger PS2649 I have not seen listed here, although the model AA50 appears to be the same changer but in a different housing. Does a forum member know when the PS2649 was made and any links to further information? I have ordered a new cartridge and stylus for it, but the changer mechanism works good. Apparently it it came with a plastic cover, but I don't have that.

Thank you
Since posting this I have found lots of info about the Minichanger and there are many YouTube videos showing them in operation. Many manufactures used it, often with some interesting cosmetic changes.

I have seen a Westinghouse that looked very much like this. Interesting that there is no identification on it. Maybe some stick-on badge fell off?
Chipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2022, 8:41 pm   #206
ct-1660
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMarco64 View Post
Hi all,
I thought I could post a Pic of this BSR deck I think it's a McDonald 600 but there is no label anywhere on it.

Marco
Either a UA-70 or C-117
ct-1660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Sep 2022, 8:42 pm   #207
ct-1660
Diode

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMarco64 View Post
@gezza123
can you tell if the C173 is a multiplay - using an appropriate spindle, able to keep all records in place without an additional lever?
Just out of curiosity, I always saw BSRs with the record placement lever for multiplay.
thanks
cheers
marco
If the model number starts with C, it is a record changer. If it starts with P, it is single-play. If your C-series deck doesn't have an overarm, it uses an umbrella spindle.
ct-1660 is offline   Reply With Quote