UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Dec 2012, 2:46 am   #1
Refugee
Dekatron

Default Coax plug ID

Does anyone know what this plug would have been used on or what type it is?
It has stamped on it the part number; 1054 0163

The body excluding the knurled retaining ring is about 7mm DIA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF6204.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	73450  
Old 1st Dec 2012, 12:01 pm   #2
Stockden
Heptode

Default Re: Coax plug ID

It looks to me like a "Pattern 12 connector". According to my School of Signals Technology Group notes:

"This range of connectors was designed in co-operation with SRDE and manufactured by Magnetic Devices Ltd. They are used to terminate the inter-chassis connectors within a main equipment (as in the B70 and the R216) and as receiver aerial terminations (as in the Eddystone 730/4).

By using different sizes of inner and outer sleeves, it is possible to terminate coaxial cables having outside diameters between 0.175" and 0.230". The maximum working voltage is 500 volts RMS and the VSWR is better that 0.83:1 up to 1,200 MHz when terminating UR 43 (50 ohm) cable or up to 200 MHz when terminating UR 70 (75 ohm) cable".

Hugh

Last edited by Stockden; 1st Dec 2012 at 12:08 pm. Reason: Updating information
Old 4th Dec 2012, 11:17 am   #3
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)

Hi,

I've got one of those kicking around here somewhere. I've often wondered what it was for.

Cheers,
Pete
Old 4th Dec 2012, 4:44 pm   #4
Dave757
Heptode

Also known as an F & E (Films & Equipment Ltd) connector.

Kind regards,

Dave
Old 4th Dec 2012, 8:24 pm   #5
Refugee
Dekatron

The box of connectors was from a clean out at a film equipment workshop.
F&E sounds right.
Closed Thread