UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jul 2021, 2:35 pm   #1
Geoff 555
Heptode

Default AEG drill.

Hello I have just been given a AEG cordless drill model ABS 13-RL. 9.6 volt.complete with case and charger. Goodness knows how old but the charger has a brown 13 amp plug with unshielded pins. It I think has done many hours the chuck being quite worn.
Took it apart because it was dead and found a real quality made gears, steel, everything was beautifly made, not a piece of plastic in sight. There was only a tiny bit of play in the main ball race on the main shaft.
The battery pack was down only lasting for 5 minutes.
What is needed, battery pack stuffed - no problem.
A new trigger switch, any ideas chaps have failed to locate anything.
The ABS etc. is on a label and on the case is a stick on label that I suspect has part missing.
933 - 314 - 936.
Being a sucker for old stuff I just didnt have the heart to throw it oul.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Old 5th Jul 2021, 4:46 pm   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: AEG drill.

It's probably a NiCd pack which could be restuffed with NiMH types, but you lose a little voltage, and the NiMH don't give the samr brutal short circuit current NiCads did. Also NiMH slowly self discharge.

Hunt around and you may find the right size of bare cells. If you get tagged ones, you can solder link wires, otherwise you need nickel connecting strip and make yourself a little spot welder.

David
Old 5th Jul 2021, 6:40 pm   #3
Geoff 555
Heptode

Hello David thank you, I did raid a microwave some time back and made a little spot welder.
I have some tagged batteries 'somewhere', all I have to do is find them.
Cheers.
Geoff.
Old 5th Jul 2021, 9:20 pm   #4
Alistair D
Nonode

Just recently I dismantled a Black and Decker that had a dead motor. The only thing that I kept was the trigger module. This one is a DEFOND DGD-1212. There is not much information on the net about it but I did find some pictures

https://picclick.co.uk/Trigger-Switc...643225756.html

I have tested it out with a 12V 55W bulb as load and it works fine at 9.6V.

If you think it might fit then its yours for the cost of postage.

I can provide more pictures and dimensions if you need them.

Al
Old 6th Jul 2021, 7:01 am   #5
Geoff 555
Heptode

Hello Alistair thank you for your very kind offer, I am afraid that it will not fit. The switch has the F and R switch incorperated in it as well.
Thank you for your time and trouble.
All the best.
Geoff.
Old 6th Jul 2021, 9:29 am   #6
Alistair D
Nonode

The F R switch is at the top of the main body. The actuator has a right angle bend on it and projects into the back of the trigger.

Al