UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2021, 1:10 am   #1
brianbelfast
Triode

Default Look what I got today. A really nice KV1330UB

Really lovely condition. Not a mark on it. It's the slightly newer one without the EHT rectifier valve. No obvious shorts and both fuses looked original and intact so took a chance and fired her up. I have encouraging signs of life. Chopper power supply is running. EHT is up. I have flat-line frame collapse so switched off quickly. I've not got stuck in yet. That'll be for the weekend. Any common frame faults I should be looking for ? I've no service info on this one. I have something else quite nice in the pipeline too. I will post if it materialises.
Old 17th Sep 2021, 6:51 am   #2
toshiba tony
Heptode

Default Re: Look what I got today. A really nice KV1330UB

The 1330, wow, got hold of one of these a few years ago. Out of a second hand shop, the tube was a bit slow to come up but after a few weeks warm up time was rapid again. Perfect picture on it, but when I came into the TV trade this was the offering from Sony, damned expensive but they put most other sets to shame. There was nothing to touch it, we used them as loan sets whilst customer sets were being repaired, they never broke down, I seem to remember there was two versions, MK1 and MK2, one had a valve for the EHT. Good sets! I don't think it was a chopper though, wasn't it a series regulator?
Old 19th Sep 2021, 7:35 am   #3
brianbelfast
Triode

Yeah chopper power supply. The earlier one had a mains transformer and that EHT rectifier valve you mentioned. This one is chopper and tripler.
Old 19th Sep 2021, 8:39 am   #4
toshiba tony
Heptode

Fantastic tv, is your CRT good?
Old 19th Sep 2021, 11:36 am   #5
brianbelfast
Triode

Well it's hard to say just yet. I've frame collapse so don't want to run the white line for too long. It certainly seemed bright enough when I powered it up but that probably doesn't mean much. Can't wait to get working on it. I've just so much happening at the minute. Some day pretty soon though. Here it is. Minus the Car registration number this time. I'll update with progress (if any lol)

Edit- Forgot to add, I've no tube tester. I don't do enough vintage stuff to warrant one. Mainly crappy Turkish LED sets with dud backlights. You know the ones
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6154 (1).jpg
Views:	151
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	241643  

Last edited by brianbelfast; 19th Sep 2021 at 11:42 am. Reason: Omission
Old 19th Sep 2021, 11:55 am   #6
toshiba tony
Heptode

I always found Sony sets do not respond to having their tubes flashed anyway, whether this was because Sony cathodes had less on them than shadowmask tubes I don't know, but I always found that low tubes can recover naturally.
Good luck with it.
Closed Thread