UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 17th Sep 2020, 2:26 pm   #21
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: Avo CT160 valve testers in auction

Hi!

I don't think I would dare risk buying one today – the silly prices people are asking today, and the fragility of other bits, like RV2 and the mains transformers, apart from the meter, means you're looking at perilously close to £2000 for getting so called even "untested" or "parts only" ones going, and if the elements of RV2 are damaged I suspect it's a write–off!

That sort of loot would be far better spent on a "Sussex" or "Roetester", however I would suggest anybody contemplating a "Roetester" gets a spare set of semiconductors in when buying the bits!

Incidentally, what infuriates me the most about buying gear of this vintage isn't electronic spares, but wassocks who remove and throw away the carrying handles/fittings to stick them in those stupid racks – I'm fed up of trying to trace down handles or parts mules with one – I'm still no nearer with finding a suitable handle to go on an otherwise good HP 1710A oscilloscope!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 17th Sep 2020 at 2:38 pm.
Closed Thread