UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Apr 2023, 1:17 pm   #1
DPage999
Diode

Default Hitachi TRK-3D30E

Hi, I've just joined the site as I've managed to get hold of a TRK-3D30E, the same as I used to have when I was at boarding school many years ago, and loved that machine. Unfortunately, the tape decks aren't working as advertised when I bought it and will have to strip and repair them and was wondering if anyone could please help with:
a) A copy of the service manual
b) a valid source to obtain parts from

Many thanks
Old 29th Apr 2023, 1:34 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Hitachi TRK-3D30E

Service manual download (free) here:

https://elektrotanya.com/hitachi_trk.../download.html

Lawrence.
Old 29th Apr 2023, 4:30 pm   #3
DPage999
Diode

Thank You!
Old 29th Apr 2023, 5:17 pm   #4
ben
Dekatron

A friend had that exact unit circa 1990. I recall being underwhelmed at the recording quality, but maybe his was misadjusted. Anyway, at the very least a new set of belts will be needed, think these use Tanashin mechs but been decades since I last saw one. A bag of mixed square secion belts off ebay might be an idea.
Closed Thread