UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jan 2023, 12:22 pm   #1
Viscount
Heptode

Default Hitachi music centre.

Just finished work on this unit, it's an SDT7620 and am looking for a cassette deck drive belt, I've fitted a temporary one but need the correct one.

If someone can please help.

Many thanks.
Old 10th Jan 2023, 4:52 pm   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Hitachi music centre.

If you can identify the cassette deck make and model (may not be possible) you may find an online belt seller that sells the specific belt.

Nearly impossible to find the official belt dimensions, so if above no good then you could buy online a set of miscellaneous sized cassette belts (not expensive) and hopefully there will be a suitably sized belt.

You could also measure the approximate belt dimension and look online for a suitable sized belt.

David
Old 10th Jan 2023, 6:04 pm   #3
Viscount
Heptode

thanks for that david ,i did get a mix of different belts the other day but they were all 0.5/0.7 mm and the original was 1.0 mm (only a small piece was still there )they dont seem to drive that well ,i will do as you say and prob measure as best i can ,there is no makers name on the unit
Old 10th Jan 2023, 6:49 pm   #4
Restoration73
Nonode

If you can make up a string belt, remove and measure it, and choose one about 5%
smaller. I use ;

https://www.cricklewoodelectronics.c...m-section.html
Old 12th Jan 2023, 10:25 am   #5
Viscount
Heptode

i will do that many thanks for the info
Closed Thread