UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Jun 2021, 9:02 am   #21
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Uher 24 Hi-Fi Special Check Out

Do not remember the Channel Link switch on my CR 240, probably because never got it working sound wise (need to get back to this and progress) so never checked the switch out. Been trying to find my CR 240 (which is in bits some where) to compare the tape control operation.

David
Old 16th Jun 2021, 11:51 am   #22
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcMahon View Post
Do not remember the Channel Link switch on my CR 240
The CR 240's isn't an electrical switch, just a sliding ramp that engages or disengages a cog behind the right level control to make the knobs move together or separately, though you can lock them together at any point of the teeth - meaning one is constantly higher than the other, for example.

It just rang a bell from your description, if it's not anything to do with multitracking. Perhaps Uher found the option to change levels equally a constant they catered for across different models in different ways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210616_115014.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	235995  
Old 16th Jun 2021, 2:42 pm   #23
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Yes now know exactly what you mean.

David
Old 16th Jun 2021, 3:29 pm   #24
ms660
Dekatron

I might be wrong but the pot ganging lines (dotted lines) in the schematic don't look right to me?

Lawrence.
Old 16th Jun 2021, 4:36 pm   #25
DMcMahon
Dekatron

I certainly struggled to try and work out how it all worked, maybe there could be a drawing error ?

David
Closed Thread