UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Apr 2020, 12:51 pm   #1
river9999uk
Tetrode

Default Fujicorder 7 - playing slow ?

Hi

Recently got this small Fujicorder and been cleaning it up and it now plays. It came with a few tapes but all seem to play slow. Not sure what IPS its supposed to be as can't find any tech info or manual for it.

Batteries checked and also used a PSU to ensure proper voltage/current. Brakes are clear of the spindles and i've lubricated everything. Spindle wheel is free and capstan presses well against it to move the drive spindle. Unsure of why its slow. Fun little thing but annoying me now

Any ideas bar the tapes were not recorded on it which I would have thought unlikely but I dont know enought about speeds. Tapes are all small 3".

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	203020   Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	203021   Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	203022  
Old 15th Apr 2020, 1:01 pm   #2
vidjoman
Dekatron

Default Re: Fujicorder 7 - playing slow ?

This looks like a machine that just pulls the tape past the heads and the speed varies as the take up spool gets fuller. The initial diameter of the hub on the take up spool will govern what the speed starts at. Try a spool with a larger diameter.
Old 15th Apr 2020, 1:09 pm   #3
TIMTAPE
Octode

Yes it looks like a "rim drive" tape recorder. Many dictation machines used a simple "rim drive" partly to allow many stop/starts without risk of tape damage.
Old 15th Apr 2020, 1:23 pm   #4
river9999uk
Tetrode

OK thanks will have a go and find a bigger spool
Closed Thread