UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Apr 2020, 6:04 am   #1
omaranand
Diode

Default Grundig TK141 (Replacement of belt & greasing of bearings of flywheel and discs)

I purchased a tape recorder of make Grundig TK141 about 50 year ago It gave maintenance free smooth performance of all its functions till 10 year ago, when its big belt around flywheel developed a break. The broken belt is replaced by a rubber band by wraping it around the flywheel and motor wheel and joining its free ends by liquid adhesive to make it belt. The tape recorder was performing well excepting a minor sound, may be because of adhesive joint. But now the recorder fails to respond to forward and backward re-winding when the tape spules are on the discs. But when the discs are run without spules, they respond well to forward/backward re-winding modes. It seems that non-greasing of bearings of flywheel and discs may be the reason for it. Accessibility of the bearings is a problem. I would be glad, if someone can guide me in:- (a) Replacement of belt without breaking it. Both belts are available with me. (b) Procedure to access bearings of flywheel and discs.
N.B:- If any video display for above repair activities is available on the net, the relevant link may kindly be provided.

Anand, New Delhi
Old 14th Apr 2020, 12:22 pm   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig TK141 (Replacement of belt & greasing of bearings of flywheel and discs)

Hello Anand,

This web link provides good information for the belts, it covers a TK 146 which is basically the same as a TK 141.

https://reeltoreelworld.blogspot.com...146-belts.html

I have the TK 141 and TK 146, I have not needed to replace any of the belts but I have done various maintenance, stripping and cleaning etc, they are not the easiest units to work on.

David
Old 14th Apr 2020, 12:38 pm   #3
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: Grundig TK141 (Replacement of belt & greasing of bearings of flywheel and discs)

This forum link is also useful.

https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...ad.php?t=19752
Closed Thread