UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 7th Apr 2020, 12:52 am   #1
CHRIS_F
Tetrode

Default Pioneer CT-W620R Belt Kit

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can find the size of the belts for my Pioneer CT-W620R? Unfortunately the old belts are just rubbery mush, I can't use the old string method as the only way to get at the belts is to remove the motor and the belt is slightly bent around a second wheel then the motor, so can't get my hands in once the motor is out of the way there's access but nothing to measure around.
There are belt kits available from Germany, but a little expensive with postage, there's a nice guy on ebay who can supply the belts if I find the size, the weird thing about these belts is one is a wide 4.5mm or so band on the record side and the others are just 1mm square type.

Thanks In Advance.
Chris.
Old 7th Apr 2020, 7:23 am   #2
stacman
Hexode

Default Re: Pioneer CT-W620R Belt Kit

Hi Chris, I’ve got a pioneer cts 710, This recently had the belt issue and like you couldn’t find the belt sizing, Yes the belt kits from Germany on ebay are a tad expensive, but I took the plunge and bought a set, fitted spot on and delivered super quick, of course that currently maybe different, I have no affiliation with the seller, but looking at the silly prices for cassette decks, for me it was worth it,
Regards, Alan
Closed Thread