UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Mar 2005, 5:01 pm   #1
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Tanberg Series 2 spares needed.

I won this item on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWN:IT

The recorder started off for £20, didn't sell, realised for £10, again didn't sell, listed for £1 so I thought it's next step would have been the bin so I brought it. To m surprise this is not a series 3 but series 2 making it quite old. My only problem is getting the missing control knobs, I got in contact with a Tanberg reseller who told me this machine was never sold in the UK and that he could only find spares for the series 6 and above. The control knobs I need are as the same as the series 3.

Old 11th Mar 2005, 8:57 pm   #2
reelguy
Heptode

Cool Re: Tanberg Series 2 spares needed.

Reel to Reel man.Nice aquisition.. Glad you saved it from the Bin.. If only I had more room!!!!! Can't help with the missing knobs unfortunately but for a picture of this model with the knobs have a look at The Norwegian Radio Club site. http://www.nrhf.no/nrf-TB.html Almost a complete list of Tandberg recorders most with Pics. Text is in Norwegian {Not translatable with Alta Vista} but nonetheless the Pics and dates are good. Hope this helps. Regards REELGUY
Old 13th Mar 2005, 11:12 pm   #3
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Default Re: Tanberg Series 2 spares needed.

Cheers for the site, still I am a strong believer that what you want is out there, just finding it. They have an email address for requesting spare parts so I have given it shot, I may get the parts from them!

Last edited by reel-to-reel-man; 13th Mar 2005 at 11:16 pm.
Old 16th Mar 2005, 3:22 pm   #4
reel-to-reel-man
Heptode

Talking Re: Tanberg Series 2 spares needed.

Success ! I sent an email to the site posted on this thread and they had the control knobs I wanted, the knobs have set me back £10 so the machine cost me £11, not bad !
Old 16th Mar 2005, 9:18 pm   #5
reelguy
Heptode

Smile Re: Tanberg Series 2 spares needed.

Hi Reel to Reel man, Thats good news re the knobs . Must keep that in mind that some spare parts are available for Tandbergs as I quite like them . I have a few older m/cs plus a TD20a which although working could do with another on/off switch as the present one sticks. Anyway Good news/. Reelguy Vintage Collector of Reel recorders [Or should that be collector of vintage recorders ? ] The former is probably right
Closed Thread