UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Mar 2005, 1:35 am   #1
Martin Potter
Retired Dormant Member

Default Akai Reel to Reel

Wanted Any Akai reel to reel tape recorder would prefer working but may consider faulty machine , please contact me with details .
Old 10th Mar 2005, 10:50 pm   #2
wts103
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Akai Reel to Reel

Hi Martin,
I have an Akai 4000ds which I am considering selling. It has been in my loft for about ten years, but I thought I would sell it on ebay. I have been trying it out and it works ok, apart from an intermitent fault on play back when one of the channels seems to disappear for a while. I mentioned this to a local audio repair shop as I thought it would be an easy job just to look at the phono plugs on the rear of the machine (cos if you tweak these, the channel will come back). Anyway, the guy told me he wouldn't touch reel to reels!
I discovered this forum whilst searching for someone who repairs these machines. Is this of interest to you? I havn't really given a lot of thought re price as the first priority is to get the machine looked at. regards, Jim
Closed Thread