UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Nov 2017, 1:17 am   #1
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Sanyo VTC 5000 SY-2 board question

Hi. Since my good old VTC 5000 needs a new function key/timer PCB as it's cracked, I think it's time to get a new one. My question is, is the board on the continental (PAL B/G) model the same as the UK (PAL I) one? I know the Australian one is different.

Thanks in advance

Fivos
Old 26th Nov 2017, 10:49 am   #2
simpsons
Octode

Default Re: Sanyo VTC 5000 SY-2 board question

The fact that the IF response is different between UK system I and continental Europe B/G would not in itself change the front panel design.

The difference would be the pre-set tuner having both VHF and UHF channels available. This is born out should you visit ebay Europe where you will note the model is known as VTC 5000P.

The front panel instructions are printed in English whilst the user instructions are in the national language.

The Austrailian version, known as the VTC 5000-11, from again looking at ebay, appears to have the Video/Tuner switch duplicated? as a front panel option.

Hope this helps

Chris
Old 26th Nov 2017, 2:49 pm   #3
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Hi Chris. Thanks for your answer. I don't think a VTC 5000P exists. There's a VTC 5300P and a 5300PB according to my service manuals. My 5000 just says VTC 5000 on the back without the "P", just like the UK model. I have the original owner's manual and it's in English and German languages.

Regards,

Fivos
Old 26th Nov 2017, 6:28 pm   #4
simpsons
Octode

Hi Fivos

Thank you for correcting me. There is also a VTC5400P which adds audio dubbing to the VTC 5000.

Chris
Old 26th Nov 2017, 7:57 pm   #5
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Quote:
There is also a VTC5400P which adds audio dubbing to the VTC 5000.
And colour Pause/BetaScan modes plus a wired remote. I have the 5350 which is a woodgrain PAL/SECAM variant of the 5300. Different mechanism. 5 belts and 3 solenoids. Also, unlike the 5000, these keep the tape threaded all the time.
Closed Thread