UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Jan 2014, 7:06 pm   #1
Smitg001
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony SLV F900

Hi!

Just bought a SonySLV F900 with SMARTFILE technology where you can store electronically programmes on the VHS tape using SMART labels which you stick on the VHS. Does anyone know how you can use these if you're recording off a digibox through input 3 (i.e. line in scart)? Obviously you can't record analogue anymore so I presume this will mean the VCR won't be able to 'code' the labels with the programme info.

The manual seems to suggest though that you can use a decoder to record satellite/ cable and that the SMART labels will work with this method? What does it involve- does the decoder alter the digital signal or something?

I'd really appreciate help with this.

Thanks!

George
Old 13th Jan 2014, 1:26 am   #2
ben
Dekatron

Default Re: Sony SLV F900

You may have to use scart as source for recording, I know there were several philips and Grundig units in the late 90s onwards which allowed the VCR to copy the TV tuner presets, for example, and come on when prompted by decoders. Presumably via a data pin on the scart. Same thing may apply here.
Closed Thread