UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Feb 2022, 10:36 am   #1
newlite4
Octode

Default Ceramic E27 Festoon Lampholder

I am sure that many of us have encountered these before, but this one has the unusual distinction of having an advertising/property logo under the glaze. I have tried to find out where this could be from. The only reference to "The Reptile Zone" that I can find is a pet shop with attached mini zoo in Filton, Bristol about 16 miles away. Interestingly, a small spider crawled out once I had undone the holder for cleaning, perhaps one of the former residents of The Reptile Zone .
Neil
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0400b.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	251907  
Old 15th Feb 2022, 11:12 am   #2
McMurdo
Dekatron

Default Re: Ceramic E27 Festoon Lampholder

for a heat lamp, I presume for someone's pet snake.
Old 15th Feb 2022, 1:58 pm   #3
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Ceramic E27 Festoon Lampholder

Yes, we had one similar for use with a Tortoise-warming infrared lamp.

Similar things are still in widespread use at this time of year by shepherds/farmers who use IR heat-lamps to warm-up sickly lambs in the lambing-sheds, though our 'lamb-warmer' runs from a LPG cylinder because there's no mains in the lambing-shed.