UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 19th Sep 2023, 2:47 am   #21
radiograham
Hexode

Default Re: Pye 808 finished at last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinrads View Post
Regarding the knobs, these are strange they have a square hole with a spring to one side two of mine had no spring, I ended up drilling and tapping to take a 6BA grub screw the one with the spring which was loose had to be packed out with a piece of card.

Mick.
All my knobs have the springs, Ii presume the springs go next to the flat on spindle? i seem to remember them being difficult to remove. They are a very tight fit. Bit wary of any possible damage to dial. Still looking for the handle. Graham.
Closed Thread