UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Feb 2023, 8:25 pm   #1
reddish75
Hexode

Default Pilot lamp replacement

Replacing the pilot light in my amp with an led and hopefully will have it not flickering. So in the attached pic any problems using the other side of the pilot lamp winding so I can use a full wave rectifier?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230201_170706_Adobe Acrobat.jpg (59.2 KB, 73 views)
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 3:19 am   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Pilot lamp replacement

You could also use back-to back parallel LEDs and achieve the same thing as adding a bridge.

With both approaches you get 100 Hz flicker rather than 50Hz.

The bridge, though, would allow the addition of a reservoir capacitor if flicker is a problem.

David