UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Nov 2008, 11:49 pm   #1
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

Default RCA color TV advert

I was looking at some Spike Jones material on YouTube (hilarious but OT for this forum) and found this commercial break which starts about 4 minutes into the clip:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_BM6PU...eature=related
Old 20th Nov 2008, 8:34 pm   #2
Andy Green
Hexode

Default Re: RCA color TV advert

Looks like a genuine off air recording of some sort, - not the interference and slight fades - hard to tell if it is filmed from a monitor or VCR (was ampex VCR around back then? alos, I didn't think Color was introduced commercially until 1954?
Towards the end the set is tuned to a duifferent channel.

However, the credits look abit too modern in their movement for the show - also mention "audio post production" and the liek - I wonder was it produced to evoke nostalgia and released on DVD or something (if so, it's well done, and I would appreciate more reissues with added end material (as long as it didn't affect the integrity and quality of the actual wanted show)
Closed Thread