UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Jan 2020, 6:09 pm   #1
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

Default Samsung UE43RU7020 TV

This is not a vintage TV, so please forgive me for posting. My octogenarian neighbour was given a new Samsung UE43RU7020 TV for Xmas. He is used to watching Teletext all day long. Now, when he presses the text button on his remote, he gets a service not available message. I had a poke about in the menus and suddenly the text was working. I had only turned things like subtitles and audio description on and off. Change channel to BBC2 and back to BBC1 and no text available. Nothing I could do would bring it back. The signal from Mendip tx seems OK and text on my own Samsung tv is faultless. There is a menu item enabling digital text, but this ON anyway. Before it is escalated I told him that I would have a look on the web. Can't find a lot, so I thought I would give the Forum a try in the hope that one of the tv experts may have a solution. If this breaks all the rules Mods, delete it. Just trying to do a good turn for a kindly neighbour.

Ian
Old 5th Jan 2020, 8:07 pm   #2
yesnaby
Octode

Default Re: Samsung UE43RU7020 TV

Unfortunately this will soon be academic, BBC are to discontinue the service.
Old 5th Jan 2020, 11:13 pm   #3
Hermit6345
Rest in Peace

Oh dear, my neighbour will be upset. Thanks for that info.
Old 5th Jan 2020, 11:19 pm   #4
jayceebee
Heptode

More info here.
Old 6th Jan 2020, 10:12 am   #5
G8vsjDave
Pentode

I wonder if the lack of teletext is due to the selection of BBC HD channels that do not support teletext. Make sure you select channels 1 and 2 and not 101 and102.
Dave
Closed Thread