UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Feb 2007, 6:09 pm   #1
brianc
Rest in Peace

Default Bush TV22 and safety

Hi All
I am presently restoring a TV22 Mk1 and, of course, all the rubber-covered wires are shedding their insulation. While replacing the mains input wiring with the appropriate colours etc. I also changed the mains fuse from the neutral (chassis) leg into the live (dropper) leg. I know there have been a zillion threads about the TV22 but as far as I know (perhaps someone will correct me), no-one has suggested this. I also paint "this way up" marks onto the input socket & backboard.
Cheers
Brian
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 6:24 pm   #2
Panrock
Nonode

Default Re: Bush TV22 and Safety

Also be sure to heat-protect the new mains wiring as it goes from the dropper past the ECL80 valve. I use neoprene rubber sleeves. And of course replace the capacitor across the mains - C69.

Steve
Old 23rd Feb 2007, 7:55 pm   #3
brianc
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Bush TV22 and Safety

I haven't, but I will now use neoprene sleeving. The cable I have used is triple rated but even so, better to be safe than sorry. C69 is now Y2 rated.

Cheers
Brian

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 26th Oct 2007 at 4:59 pm. Reason: Spelling
Closed Thread