UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Feb 2007, 9:30 pm   #21
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: My new-old TV

Vectamart
The article - was that by me or by LLJ?
Yep -shame about the print, especially the spidery bottom PSU panel. I actually swapped one of these panels - in the pre-digicam era it was not easy to connect all the leads up.

On one that I owned, I was tempted to actually make one of these panels, using glass fibre and wider print lands.

Sanity and thoughts of men in white coats prevailed.

The flywheel frame - sorry, field - sync gave perfect interlace.
Stop! - I'll be talking myself into something soon ..... Steve P, don't say a word!
Old 10th Feb 2007, 9:35 pm   #22
Steve_P
Dekatron

Me? As if I would....?

Cheers,

Steve P
Old 11th Feb 2007, 9:54 pm   #23
Focus Diode
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Phelan View Post
The article - was that by me or by LLJ?
It was LLJ, with additional information by Andy Denham at the end.

Your excellent article on early colour sets in the January 1979 issue is also essential reading for the G6, K70, CVC5, PYE hybrids and the Decca Bradfords.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 12th Feb 2007, 9:17 am   #24
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Thanks, Brian. There was a later article - cannot remember who, but not one of the regulars - with some useful in-depth K70 info about the flywheel field sync (3 sec time constant ISTR) and the very unusual field oscillator using the output transformer as a blocking oscillator involving the PL508 and triode-connected PCF80.

Only Philips could do things like that.

I did think that the colour killer that turned off the supply to the chroma amps was a simple and logical idea, though.