UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Nov 2008, 1:33 am   #1
Michael Maurice

Default Philips G7

A recent thread on the Euras discussion board mentioned a Philips G7.

Has anyone heard of this chassis or know anything about it?
Old 20th Nov 2008, 8:20 am   #2
Mike Phelan
Dekatron

Default Re: Philips G7

Never heard of that, Michael. The "G" suggests that it was made in UK. Interestingly, there is a gap in the model numbering from G6 to G8, though.

Or is it some sort of typo and should be "K7"? I have often heard the K70 referred to a K7; either laziness or was there one of those as well?

How about posting on Euras to ask what it is/was?
Old 20th Nov 2008, 8:45 am   #3
Mikey405
Octode

Hi Mike and Mike.

There was a K7 chassis, the Philips X22K417 used it, but I don't think it was ever used in the UK. I've never heard of a G7 chassis, but I'd be most interested if there was ever one.

Thanks Mike and Mike.

From Mike.
Old 20th Nov 2008, 10:55 am   #4
Michael Maurice

I've emailed the guy on Euras to ask if he could supply more details and will post his reply.

I'd never heard of a G7.

In fact the thread started as a question: What is the oldest set you've been asked to repair.

Slightly OT and mods please remove this paragraph if you think it doesn't fit in with the forum.

For those of you who don't know, Euras is a subscription website for engineers who carry out servicing work as part of their trade or business, It is very usefull for obtaining service manuals, which is how I'm sometimes able to post diagrams on here or send it to their members.
Closed Thread