UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 15th Nov 2008, 10:52 pm   #1
high_vacuum_house
Octode

Default Pye LV30 started up for first time

Hello there,
I bought a Pye LV30 a few years ago from the cattle market car boot sale in Gloucester.

I decided a few days ago to have a look at it. I hoovered out all of the dust and removed the mains suppression cap and all seems original. and today I wound it up on a variac.
I soon got a line whistle and a good bright square raster came up. The deflection coils need rotating but I am amazed that after probably a long spell out of use the set seems perfect. There being the usual crackles from the loudspeaker but no hum at all

I will change the wax capacitors and the electrolytics in due course. There is a dim bit in the centre of the CRT where there is no ion trap on the tube. I will post a photo of it when working.
Christopher Capener
Old 17th Nov 2008, 9:40 am   #2
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Pye LV30 started up for first time

Maybe the elecytrolytics are ok in this set . have you got a signal source for picture?
Old 17th Nov 2008, 5:18 pm   #3
yagosaga
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Pye LV30 started up for first time

Check the small brown Hunts capacitors. They are very unreliable.
Closed Thread