UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 4th Jan 2008, 3:07 pm   #1
crackleypot
Tetrode

Cool Line output design notes and seriously technical stuff

I used to work in the design dept of a colour monitor company, the core designers were from the television industry and were quite familiar with all the circuitry including LOPT design etc. There were a few who were really the UK’s main design guys.

Having taken a look at your website I recall I acquired a ton of documentation regarding horiz. deflection having designed some myself. Is anyone interested in some of the docs I have??

I have mostly photocopies of some really excellent stuff including handwritten design notes for the line output. All my info relates to transistor designs of about 1975 on to 1987.

For starters I have:-

Mullard Tech Note 77: Diode split for eht generation (1978)

TI self stabilising horizontal deflection stages B127

Philips Tech note 077 Horizontal deflection and raster correction circuits for 30AX TV display systems

Mullard Tech note 125 Horizontal deflection and raster correction circuits for 30AX (1979)

Mullard Tech note 108 Diode modulator circuits for TV line output stages using diode-split transformers.

Plus a whole lot more of tech articles from serious manuscripts. High level of maths.

Any suggestions what to do with this stuff? There is probably 500+ pages of stuff.
At the time it was priceless and basically helped me with line output and deflection circuits.

Old 4th Jan 2008, 3:26 pm   #2
Steve_P
Dekatron

Default Re: Lineoutput design notes and seriously technical stuff

Put it all on a website so everyone can get it. A lot of this stuff could still be handy in years to come when we are building new LOPTs to keep old sets going.

Keep it of course. Always useful, and it may be the last copies of some of it.

Cheers,

Steve P.

P.S. Why are some Lopt's more reliable than others. In particular, the Bush-Murphy Dual Standard ones.....
Old 4th Jan 2008, 8:35 pm   #3
ppppenguin
Retired Dormant Member

I've designed a couple of simple line scan circuits on a rather amateur basis. (I'm a design professional but when it comes to line scan I don't claim any special insight and it was also a long time ago). It would be interesting to see some of this material and constrast it with the 1958 Efficiency-DIode Scanning Circuits papers in Electronic Engineering.
Old 4th Jan 2008, 10:38 pm   #4
Andy Green
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Dinning View Post
Hi Cracklt pot, I've seen some of these notes and they are vey interesting. I wonder id any of our members who have a website might like to host the scanned documents.

Ed
Well I don't mind hosting them on our company web site server to preserve them for the future pm me and I can work out the details with you, Cracklepot
Old 4th Jan 2008, 11:00 pm   #5
Duke_Nukem
Octode

Like I've said in the past, I can host telly related stuff on my website (www.TheValvePage.com).

TTFN,
Jon
Old 5th Jan 2008, 1:54 pm   #6
crackleypot
Tetrode

OK for starters I've scanned in Mullard Tech Note 77, all 8 pages of tech stuff. I've simply gone for jpg images which has made the combined package 18MB. The resolution is high to maintain the details of the drawings.

I am thinking if to combine these into a single pdf to keep the pages and index correct, but I could do a HTML index.

Suggestions on what's preferred.
Closed Thread