UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Nov 2020, 5:17 pm   #1
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Mount Radio Society, Newark

Hi, I have been trying to find out if there is an archive or possibly still an active group associated with the name of the title. I have tried contacting the new school but so far have been totally ignored. My reason for trying to get in touch, is that I have found a plywood panel with a stuck on paper circuit diagram for a 3 valve TRF receceiver circa 1924. This circuit is hand drawn on a Newark Church of England headed sheet. Written with ink is the title 'Mount Radio Society G3TNG' followed by 'constructed by members'. I just thought that this item should be returned to whoever that may still have an involvement.
Dave
Old 11th Nov 2020, 6:58 pm   #2
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

Default Re: Mount Radio Society, Newark

G3TNG is no longer listed in the call-book

Nor any club in Newark

You could try the Lincoln SW Club (I think they organise the Newark show?)

RSGB has 2 reps, one each for North and South Notts - you will have to look at a map to see which to contact

73 Fred
Old 21st Feb 2021, 6:34 pm   #3
Nicola_Jayne
Tetrode

region 13 team at the RSGB https://rsgb.org/main/about-us/regio...egion-13-team/

LSWC website http://www.g5fz.co.uk/
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 12:01 am   #4
Dave757
Heptode

Hi Dave,

G3TNG was issued as far as I can see in late 1964, and was in the name of the
Church of England Secondary School, Newark Notts. I don't have a complete run of callbooks, but the call was still current in 1970, and gone by 1985. I would
imagine that perhaps a teacher was the licensee..

Checking the above name brings up The Magnus Church of England Academy,
in Newark, which is still in operation.

Kind regards
Dave G0ELJ
Old 26th Feb 2021, 12:29 pm   #5
G6ONEDave
Octode

Thanks for the extra info Dave G0ELJ but I have since sent emails to the newer academy and also to the Museum services for Newark. This was back in November 2020 and have not received a reply from the academy so far. The Newark Museum contact sent an automated confirmation email with a ref number but nothing since that either. I might try the RSGB next or possibly the V&A or Science Museum. I'm just not sure whether to bother trying any more at this stage. As you can probably tell, I am somewhat disappointed with the lack of communication so far. Even if they are not interested, it would have been curteous to let me know.
Dave
Closed Thread