UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Apr 2021, 10:23 am   #1
HECTOR63
Banned

Default Kenwood SG5150 RF Signal Generator.

I have someone wanting to sell one of these and in serious consideration, any thoughts on their performance and relative values for the workshop?
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 3:04 pm   #2
chriswood1900
Octode

Default Re: Kenwood SG5150 RF Signal Generator.

I believe they are quite decent and seem very similar to products sold by Meguro/Leader/Panasonic and others, but make sure you get the instruction and service manuals as they are complex digital instruments and will be hard to fix or maintain without them, and they tend not to be well known on forums like this compared with HP or Marconi products.
The service manual is available here:- https://elektrotanya.com/kenwood_sg-...wnload.html#dl
Old 22nd Apr 2021, 4:21 pm   #3
HECTOR63
Banned

Default Re: Kenwood SG5150 RF Signal Generator.

Many thanks for the advice Chris, yes I had previously downloaded manual and user guide as its been quite difficult to find them but at least its a decent copy and shall take a look further into the use and setup. But value for the money at the moment I'm quite keen to complete on one that I have traced(Non eBay)
So should be working tamper proof and good to VG condition.
Closed Thread