UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Old 13th Dec 2023, 1:11 pm   #21
David G4EBT
Dekatron

Default Re: Paul's active ferrite rod antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe001 View Post
That workmanship is masterful! Beyond my skills I'm afraid.
As I said earlier, whilst the electronics part of the project is neat and simple, the antenna housing is quite something else! We can only marvel at the skill which went into that.

John Geaney's version of the antenna is less elaborate, but as a guitar maker, his woodworking skills are pretty exceptional.

Raymond Haigh was, for several years, a prolific designer of top notch radio and electronic circuits, and rather than taking this thread off topic (I have form for doing that), I'll start another thread about this quite a remarkable man. As he often referred to himself as 'R.F, Haigh' I had wondered if that was a pseudonym, but I've discovered that it wasn't.

More about him and his projects in another thread.
David G4EBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Dec 2023, 11:24 am   #22
Valvepower
Octode

Hello,

Whilst looking for the two-pin speaker plugs yesterday - which is the subject of another thread - I found a couple more ‘salvaged’ aerial coils on a ferrite rod. Over Christmas I’ll have better look at them and if they are any good, I may pop them on the forum for folk to make one or two more of Paul's active ferrite rod antennas.

Terry
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Dec 2023, 8:07 am   #23
Gabe001
Octode

85 video views of the video of how it works, so there may be some interest.
Gabe001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Dec 2023, 11:55 am   #24
Valvepower
Octode

Hello,

I salvaged the ferrite rod aerial from the parts mule Roberts R707 and I’ll add it to others I found.

Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valvepower View Post
Hello,

Whilst looking for the two-pin speaker plugs yesterday - which is the subject of another thread - I found a couple more ‘salvaged’ aerial coils on a ferrite rod. Over Christmas I’ll have better look at them and if they are any good, I may pop them on the forum for folk to make one or two more of Paul's active ferrite rod antennas.

Terry
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote