UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Mar 2023, 9:24 pm   #41
Mogga96
Triode

Default Re: Dynatron SRX 80a Fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
WRT the above:
1: Yes, the hum will reduce because you are "earthing" it when you touch it. Check the earthing again throughly.
2: I think these are 8" x 5" units and will have 2 connectors. Check the impedance as the ones in you Dynatron may be 15 ohms. From these speakers the wiring is taken off through a filter capacitor to the mid-range/tweeter units in the side pull outs.
3: There is a crude internal aerial in this for FM and you will really need a indoor "T" dipole external aerial, these cost about £2-00. The AM tuning (if fitted) will have its own ferrite rod inside and so does not need an external aerial.
Sorry for the late reply (more like a few days later lol, been busy with work).
Double checked the grounding, its all secured on and connected where it should be.

The bottom speakers are labelled 8ohm or as far as I can tell they are, since they're rather faded. I added a picture of them awhile ago now to the thread.

I've since brought the Dynatron downstairs into the living room from the "man cave" as the missus calls it since our little one has been interested in my records since we got it up and running again. Noticed the FM reception is a lot better. Still could definitely use an external aerial like you mentioned. Have you got a link to one that'd work with the unit?

Also looking for the cable that'd work with the rear tape input to add 3.5mm devices etc. like my phone or RCA for a CD player to it. I know it's a DIN connection and it's 5 pin, just not sure which is the right cable to purchase.

Oh and it's got a new gremlin too! Tape deck ate my Euthymic - Sweet Dreams cassette and no longer works. The reels the tape sits on to rewind, fast forward/play the tape forward no longer spin when the buttons for them are pressed, but the tape head pops up still and the tiny wheel that advances the tape along the tape head still works. If I tell it to fast forward, then immediately rewind, it tries its hardest to get the reel moving, starts to very slowly whilst squeaking but then gives up.

I opened the tape deck up and can spin the cogs for those reels by hand freely, so not sure what's going on.
Old 25th Mar 2023, 9:55 am   #42
Edward Huggins
Dekatron

Default Re: Dynatron SRX 80a Fuse

You can easily find and buy a "5 pin Din plug to 3.5mm stereo jack cable" as with an "FM Indoor Ribbon Aerial". There are so many available and at very low prices, just use the wording ("as above here") for your search.