UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Mar 2023, 4:32 pm   #21
112stereo
Pentode

Default Re: Bush SRP51 Record Player

The 50ohm pot was useless, the current varied dramatically just touching it.
Removed it and tested it when I finally got it stabilised and read 15 ohm , tried a 100ohm pot but it was just too sensitive to adjust for the required setting.
Tried a 100 ohm soldered across it, better but still very sensitive for the required setting.
Going to need a 50 ohm pot.!
Old 23rd Mar 2023, 9:33 pm   #22
citronicman
Triode

I have a lot of these SRP51 players and on every one I have replaced RV5 with a fixed 22ohm resistor usually a 2 watt type. This has cured all the problems of overheating and instability. I use one of these SRP51's for 5-6 hours at a time and it doesn't even get warm. I've changed the 2025TC or 3500 turntables to SP25 MK 3 or 4 as in the picture. a direct swap, no change to the motor board is needed, but the difference in sound quality is impressive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201102_163234.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	275618  
Old 25th Mar 2023, 3:08 pm   #23
112stereo
Pentode

That's very impressive, thank you so much for the information.
I will try a fixed resistor and check the current, it would certainly take the headache away looking for a pot.
I will have to look out for a sp25, I had one before in a radio gram and was very pleased with it.
The recommended current is 6 to 7 ma.
How would it be it it were lower ?
Closed Thread