UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Sep 2020, 5:35 pm   #1
droidekafan
Diode

Default Hitachi HRD-MD40 Power but no Lights

Hi everyone

I just pulled this Hitachi midi Hifi unit out of my attic. It has power, but no lights come on the front panel. When you turn on the power, you can hear an internal relay click on and the speakers hum, but none of the controls work and there is no display or any lights on the front panel. It's been opened previously (not by me) but not successfully fixed. Anyone have any idea how I may go about fixing this? I want to fix it as a project. Cheers.
Old 27th Sep 2020, 5:18 pm   #2
G6ONEDave
Octode

Default Re: Hitachi HRD-MD40 Power but no Lights

I can supply scan of the service manual for this model, PM if it would help.
Dave
Old 28th Sep 2020, 8:54 am   #3
droidekafan
Diode

Cheers, I've already got the service manual though.
Old 28th Sep 2020, 5:21 pm   #4
jmcilkley
Tetrode

If no lights come on you probably need to start by checking the power supply. The manual should tell you what the dc voltages should be so see if they are there.
Closed Thread