UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 29th Sep 2012, 8:37 pm   #1
Bazz4CQJ
Dekatron

Default Useful Polishing Compounds

Some years ago I bought a Wolfcraft polishing kit, used it for some project, then virtually forgot about it until today. It came with two, hard bars of Unipol polish (one brown and one white), which now seem harder than I remembered, and I cannot find any application info that may have come with them. Anyway, I tried them out (on a Q-tip in my mini-drill !) on the aluminium component which is my present interest. They worked so well and I started to search the web to find out who/what/why about them.

Turns out that they are made in Germany by a company called Lippert-Unipol, also known as Osborn-Unipol. Looks like they have lots of polishes for different materials, and sell in the UK for £3-5 a bar from these people (with whom I have no connection). As there's no previous mention of Unipol on this site, I thought they might be worth flagging up.
Old 30th Sep 2012, 12:26 am   #2
lastx33
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Useful Polishing Compounds

Thanks for the link. They have quite a few grades. They are similar to these http://www.quicktest.co.uk/acatalog/..._removers.html which are used by jewellers. The sticks are clean but really need a mop. Jewellers rouge is far from clean but can be used with a cloth / rubber.
Closed Thread