UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here)

Notices

Hints, Tips and Solutions (Do NOT post requests for help here) If you have any useful general hints and tips for vintage technology repair and restoration, please share them here. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jul 2010, 8:54 am   #1

Default Polishing Bakelite

I know there are many ways of doing this, one more won't hurt.

After cleaning and cutting back the oxidized layer polish with Antiquax, this is a furniture polish, unlike most wood polishes it doesn't leave a tacky/sticky surface. You can build up a few layers quite quickly for a super shine. It has a nice cinnamon smell, so you can polish away while watching TV with the other half.

http://www.antiquax.info/

Old 23rd Jul 2010, 1:15 am   #2
Eric_Harvie
Triode

Default Re: Polishing Bakelite

Not sure whether you mean the Brown Paste Wax or their Furniture Cream. Which one did you use? Always willing to give something new a try.
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 1:53 pm   #3
chipp1968
Rest in Peace

I find Antiquax very good, better than most. It comes in a spray form as well. You don't need to apply much. Better to add another layer than to paste it on. It works well on furniture /wooden stuff as you would expect and gives a good shine.
Old 25th Jul 2010, 7:57 am   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric_Harvie View Post
Not sure whether you mean the Brown Paste Wax or their Furniture Cream. Which one did you use? Always willing to give something new a try.
Neither do I, it's in a blue tin and has the colour of Caramac.

Old 25th Jul 2010, 11:14 pm   #5
Eric_Harvie
Triode

It's the Brown Paste Wax. There's a stockist in Edinburgh.