UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 12th Jul 2021, 1:08 pm   #1
technotel
Pentode

Default Bush TV22

Guys
Take a look at this beautiful Bush TV22 resto and detail this chap has gone into with tech notes. She's a beauty.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BUSH_TV22.pdf (2.94 MB, 188 views)
Old 12th Jul 2021, 1:11 pm   #2
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Bush TV22

He used to post on this forum, very knowledgeable chap.

Lawrence.
Old 12th Jul 2021, 1:15 pm   #3
technotel
Pentode

Quote:
Originally Posted by technotel View Post
Guys
Take a look at this beautiful Bush TV22 resto and detail this chap has gone into with tech notes. She's a beauty.
Some serious dedication and love gone into this. Well done.
Old 12th Jul 2021, 1:26 pm   #4
peter_scott
Dekatron

You can find more of his restoration work here.

Peter
Old 12th Jul 2021, 9:39 pm   #5
slidertogrid
Octode

An incredible job! I like the method of removing the pitch, my TV22 has the cracked original pitch but seems to work ok it looks awful though!
Old 13th Jul 2021, 8:55 pm   #6
Helder Crespo
Hexode

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidertogrid View Post
An incredible job! I like the method of removing the pitch, my TV22 has the cracked original pitch but seems to work ok it looks awful though!
Hugo's method definitely works and from my experience it greatly prevents the dreaded shorts in the primary/secondary windings. I recently installed a "new" LOPT in my TV22. This LOPT came from a scrap chassis (from an Italian seller on eBay) and was in bad shape, with cracked former, broken contacts in the heater winding and overwind, and clear signs of damp storage. I repaired these faults after submittinng the LOPT to Hugo's pitch removal method using white spirit, which was followed by a sequence of full dips in varnish. The whole process takes time: around 2 weeks minimum for pitch removal and for drying the varnish. But it totally pays off. The image is perfect, with all controls at mid range, and the EHT is spot on even after 10 hours of continuous operation. The first photo shows the LOPT in its original chassis before the repair+treatment; the second photo shows it in action in my TV22.
NOTE: it took the LOPT around 1 day to reach this performance as some remaining/residual solvent was still being released, surely helped by the generated heat. After 1 day, all solvent smell was gone and the LOPT has been working flawlessly since. The screen photo was taken in a brightly lit room and the phone camera only captured one frame so it doesn't do justice to the actual image.
Helder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg
Views:	138
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	237641   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0292.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	237642   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0319.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	237643  

Last edited by Helder Crespo; 13th Jul 2021 at 9:13 pm. Reason: Added screen image
Closed Thread