UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jul 2021, 12:15 pm   #21
peter_scott
Dekatron

Default Re: BBC Test Transmission Picture stills

I hadn't thought about Bush House but that makes sense. I wonder if it's actually Westminster in the background rather than Southwark Cathedral?

Peter

p.s. Lawrence, you got there before me.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wren.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	237458  

Last edited by peter_scott; 11th Jul 2021 at 12:21 pm.
Old 11th Jul 2021, 12:33 pm   #22
ms660
Dekatron

Sorry about the Southwark mix up, I edited my last post to do the correction. Initially when I was trying to identify the view I thought Southwark in the distance then realized afterwards that it couldn't be.

Lawrence.
Old 11th Jul 2021, 1:17 pm   #23
peter_scott
Dekatron

We're a good team!

I was messing about with Google Earth thinking it might be Westminster Abbey and came back seeing your Bush House link with the key photo. I couldn't get GE to home in well but had realised that I had a problem with the parliament buildings and quickly erased my Abbey reference after cropping the image from your link.

Peter
Old 11th Jul 2021, 1:47 pm   #24
Newgirl2013
Hexode

Thanks very much for all the information
Old 11th Jul 2021, 1:53 pm   #25
ms660
Dekatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter_scott View Post
We're a good team!

I was messing about with Google Earth thinking it might be Westminster Abbey and came back seeing your Bush House link with the key photo. I couldn't get GE to home in well but had realised that I had a problem with the parliament buildings and quickly erased my Abbey reference after cropping the image from your link.

Peter
Yes, the confusion with my description that's since been deleted stems from when I first saw the photo not long after it was posted and my first hunch was Southwark in the distance with Hungerford Bridge to the fore, so then I started to look for a possible location from where the shot was taken, I was thinking the Whitehall area but nothing turned up that suited but the Southwark hunch stuck in my brain...basically was looking the wrong way along the river, anyways all sorted now, as a side note I couldn't get Google satellite view to go into 3D mode but that might be just me.

Lawrence.
Old 11th Jul 2021, 3:03 pm   #26
ms660
Dekatron

For anyone that doesn't know, the 1st photo in Post#2 was taken at Buckland-in-the-Moor, Devon:

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...hoto/613499614

Lawrence.
Old 11th Jul 2021, 3:43 pm   #27
Newgirl2013
Hexode

Hi Laurence
Thanks very much, I have corrected my image
Sharon
Closed Thread